Graphic design is as complex as an art form but as simple as a thought. Anybody can be a designer but not everybody can be an artist. Luckily, with the help of technology, we are now able to do many things we couldn’t do in the past. This doesn’t only mean using fabulous bingo bonus code or chatting with people on the other side of the globe, but also being able to use various tools to optimize your designs and the process of designing. With some good preparation and optimization of your graphic designing process, you could make your designs more attractive and save yourself a lot of time.
Create a briefing
Creating a briefing is the first step in planning a design project, and it’s crucial if you want to make the design process as easy and smooth as possible. Let’s take a look at what makes up a good briefing!
- The first thing to put into your briefing is info about the party who’s requesting the design.
- What kind of product or service is it for?
- Who is the target audience for this product or service?
- What does your client need from you? What kind of work do they need done?
- What are the goals of this project? What does your client want their audience to feel/think/do when they see the final design?
- What values does your client have, and how do they want those reflected in the design?
- What kind of budget and timeline are we working with? When do they need it by, and how much can they afford to pay?
Brainstorming is important for a few reasons. First of all, it opens up new ideas and trains your brain to think outside the box. Second, if you’re stuck on certain design elements or techniques, brainstorming will give you the time to think of new approaches so you can move forward with your designs. Finally, brainstorming is a great way to get a handle on your thought process and organize your ideas so they don’t pile up in your head.
Preparing your first sketches and drafts as a graphic designer is a lot like putting together the foundation of a house—it’s the most important part! If you want to optimize the designing process, then you need to get your sketches just right.
The first thing you should do is think about what kind of materials you’ll need. Do you have all the necessary tools? Do you have enough paper? Think about it early, so that when it comes time to sketch, you’re not wasting time looking for supplies.
The best way to create the first sketches and drafts is by drawing with a pencil on paper. Some people use computers to draw, but this limits your ability to make mistakes, which are very important when working on a new design. If you’re making a website or app, it’s best to draw at least one sketch of each page or screen with a pencil or pen on paper. Then, once you’re happy with those sketches, move on to the computer.